Hello from Kalamazoo Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lady_Acoma

Hi, my name is Marcia. I wandered into this interest a little while ago. After watching about every pen turning video on Youtube I have decided to take steps toward starting up on my own.

As I know very little about woodworking at all this ought to be quite the adventure. First thing I have learned is buying a lathe from an auction is not always the wisest idea since I have no idea what size the headstock is. Not 1x8tpi at any rate.

Still I am extremely excitded to be on this journey and look forward to making some awesome pens for friends and family as I learn.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barkisini

Welcome from Manistee!

You'll find a lot of information on this site. There's an extensive library which includes a number of tutorials, and there is a wealth of expertise among the members.

Hope you enjoy your new-found "addiction!"

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Hi, my name is Marcia. I wandered into this interest a little while ago. After watching about every pen turning video on Youtube I have decided to take steps toward starting up on my own.

As I know very little about woodworking at all this ought to be quite the adventure. First thing I have learned is buying a lathe from an auction is not always the wisest idea since I have no idea what size the headstock is. Not 1x8tpi at any rate.

Still I am extremely excitded to be on this journey and look forward to making some awesome pens for friends and family as I learn.
Welcome from the East side of the State Grosse Pointe Park.

magpens

Welcome !!!!

Please post a few pictures of your lathe and I am sure someone can help you get started.

nativewooder

Safety should be your paramount concern: a good Face Shield, face mask with appropriate filters, "sharp" tools so you don't work yourself to a frazzle, etc. Make sure you get an operating manual for whichever lathe you buy, if not with it, most manuals will be available online. Read, read, read articles in the "Library"(up at the top of the homepage).

Lady_Acoma

I am not sure what the make/model of the lathe is. The motor is a GE 1/4 hp which I have tried looking up the model number for through the ge site for a manual but the search didn't yeild results. There is a plate on the lathe that says W.J. Morris 1954 so I am trying to see if that gets me anywhere.

wob50

Lot of good information in this forum... Safety,tooling,skill levels etc...
And of course welcome from down south Louisiana......glad to have you ...

Top Bottom