Hello from Houston, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ted Sachs

I'm relatively new to making pens. I've been doing it for just over four months now. I'm having a blast combining a hobby from over thirty five years ago, custom fishing rod wrapping, and pen making. It's been a lot of work figuring out how to combine them since what works with fishing rods doesn't always work with pen making. I'll post some pics of what I've managed to get done in the Show off your pen section.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I'm relatively new to making pens. I've been doing it for just over four months now. I'm having a blast combining a hobby from over thirty five years ago, custom fishing rod wrapping, and pen making. It's been a lot of work figuring out how to combine them since what works with fishing rods doesn't always work with pen making. I'll post some pics of what I've managed to get done in the Show off your pen section.

Ted welcome aboard. having seen your work on FB I just had to ask you to come and show us your work. I am glad you did. For doing pen work for only 4 months, you already exceeded the learning phase by leaps and bounds. You are about to introduce us to a new form of blank making. It is an example of thinking outside the box and using different medium to a new level. I had mentioned to you I wanted so bad to try this about 5 or so years ago. I bought all the materials and tools and books and videos but never found the time to pursue. It does take a huge learning curve to get to the stage you are in. Once again the patterns that you can make will be stunning to watch as you join us and share with us your talented work of art.

Thanks for coming over and I look forward to seeing your work.

Ted Sachs

Ted welcome aboard. having seen your work on FB I just had to ask you to come and show us your work. I am glad you did. For doing pen work for only 4 months, you already exceeded the learning phase by leaps and bounds. You are about to introduce us to a new form of blank making. It is an example of thinking outside the box and using different medium to a new level. I had mentioned to you I wanted so bad to try this about 5 or so years ago. I bought all the materials and tools and books and videos but never found the time to pursue. It does take a huge learning curve to get to the stage you are in. Once again the patterns that you can make will be stunning to watch as you join us and share with us your talented work of art.

Thanks for coming over and I look forward to seeing your work.

Like I said, I was a bit intimidated by the work I saw here and didn't feel I was up to standards yet. It is fun doing these and well worth the hours of wrapping to make one blank. On average I'll have eight or more hours wrapping and prepping each blank. The Black Widow pen has two tubes and I had over sixteen hours making those blanks.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from down the road in Alvin.

Glad to have you with us, Ted & I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work here. I checked out your FB page, and you do have some amazing blanks.

I see you went to La Grange HS - my wife is from Columbus.

Top Bottom