Hello from Houston, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnebach

Hi all, just wanted to say thank you and hello to everyone. I am a relatively new comer to pen turning, When the weather is nice I work in my garage on pen turning kits for our Lone Star Pen Club and myself and friends. I am learning with every new pen or block. I will continue to make kits but I so want to learn how to use my Jet mini lathe to build kit less pens. I am retired so I have lots of time to spend leaning and making pens. I hope to learn a lot at this site from articles and how to's. I am usually available off anyone just wants to chat.

John Ebach

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Welcome from Pearland. Where about in Houston are you located?
You are the first person I've seen mention the Lone Star Pen Club. Can you give us a little more info about it?

johnebach

Minnie,

I live in the Kingwood area up in the North East part of the scrawl. The Lone Star Pen Club is a group of people here in the Houston Metropolitan area that enjoy all aspects of pens and writing. Includes both fountain and ball point type pens, vintage, modern and hand built. We meet every other month and normally have a guest speaker. Our members are from all aspects of life. Some of us build pens, many collect and many just like to use them. If you are interested please let me know and I will add your email address to our mailing list. Our next meeting will be in March. Location right now is not known because the site we have been using is turning their meeting room into a new function. The club has been in existence since the middle 1990's. Anyone is welcome to join our club or just come to a meeting(s).

Thanks

John Ebach

The Penguin

Interesting, never heard of that club.

I thought you were referring to the Lone Star Woodturners that are in northern Houston/Conroe area.

oh,...and welcome!

flyitfast

Welcome from just west in San Antonio. Your Pen Club sounds interesting. A little bit too far to drive for a meeting, but it must be a lot of good pen info.
gordon

PR_Princess

Welcome John!!!! Its nice to have such an esteemed person join our ranks!

I have never been to the Lone Star Pen Club...but I certainly do know of it. Stan was a friend.

Top Bottom