Hello from Fraserburgh, Scotland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broadsea

Hi folks
I have been turning wood for 8 months now but have never tried a pen, so will be looking for help. I live in Fraserburgh in North East of Scotland. I am married and have two grown up boys (they still live at home) four cats and a doppy doberman called Marshall. I am unemployed due to being injured in combat whilst serving in the British Army and now suffer badly with PTSD. Due to this I have not left the confines of my house or backyard for over 1 year. Our government do very little to help injured veterans. This means money is tight so instead of buying books on wood turning I will probably be asking lots of question. If you have anything to ask me go ahead.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi John, Welcome to the IAP, it has far far more info here then you will ever find in books. :biggrin:

Service men and women are always particularly welcome here and we all thank you for your service,( even though our countries sometimes let our wounded warriors down now and then. :frown:)

I was actually on the West Coast near Campbeltown yesterday. Beautiful clear weather for a change!!:biggrin:

Keep well!!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas
There are lots of vets here & your service is greatly appreciated

Ligget

Welcome to the IAP, sorry to hear you were injured and thank you for your service to our country, plenty of information to be found in the library section of this forum!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Ohio. We also thank you for your service.

Hopefully IAP can fill some of the hopes you have and add something to your pastimes.

Best Regards,

Mark

Trey

Welcome to the IAP and thank you for your service. Sounds like the UK doesn't treat their vets any better than we do. With some luck you will find some solace here with a forum full of good people.

Top Bottom