Hello from Florida.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

Just registered today and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone.
I've been turning for about 3 years. Love to turn small stuff - short attention span, I guess.
Anyone else from Florida?

Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

Nice to know. I'm up in Deland. Do you know of any local resources for wood, other than WoodCrafters?

Nancy

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Nancy,

If you have been turning for three years, you are already familiar with probably most, if not all, of the information in the PDF file linked below. It is a concise overview of the different tools, methods and pens to get the beginner started. There are a few minor mistakes in it that will hopefully be fixed in the near future. Hope it helps some. Join in the fun here. Post some of your work.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

VisExp

Hi Nancy. I'm in Palm Coast. If you're interested the N.E Florida IAP Chapter has a meeting on the 4th Monday of each month at 6pm. They are at the Woodcraft in Jacksonville. It's a bit of a drive for you, but if you'd like to join us it would be great. PM me if you have any questions.

ngeb528

I feel so welcome. Thanks all. Glad to know there are other turners in Florida.

Thanks all,
Nancy

Fred

Welcome to the Forum, Nancy! Very glad to have another lady turner to join up with us fuddy duddy dudes ... Now get on to us if we all get a bit rowdy!

Happy turnings to you from Georgia! :biggrin:

ngeb528

Welcome to the Forum, Nancy! Very glad to have another lady turner to join up with us fuddy duddy dudes ... Now get on to us if we all get a bit rowdy!

Happy turnings to you from Georgia! :biggrin:

Who knows Fred, maybe I'll get too rowdy for you guys...

Top Bottom