Hello from FL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SNEMO

I just started turning pens a few weeks ago and so far have made 6. I have a problem that when I step into my garage the rest of the world seizes to exist. I find great joy in woodworking and now that I have picked up on turning pens I am in love. It is relaxing and therapeutic for me.

I am in the Air Force with a wife of 8 years and three kids, 5, 2, 6 months. I am also going to school and I am very active in the community to include scouts. I have plenty to keep me busy but I still find time somehow to make some pens.

I look forward to learning and gaining inspiration from all the seasoned turners on here. Thank you for allowing me join this group.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Eric.
Nice set of pens - much nicer than my first 6.
Nice to hear that you're involved in scouting - I still have fond memories of my days as a Boy Scout.

SNEMO

thank you

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I live in the Tampa area. I did make my own knots. Those where my first two pens I made. The one with olive wood I used a 45 degree angle and the walnut pen I used a 30 degree angle. I look forward to learning and getting to know some other people.

bruce119

Welcome Neighbor...Ahhh it's relaxing now but....
Soon it will be additive and you will turn into a pen make mad man....

I am backing off my pen making...in recovery and lightning the load...

have fun...

Rossi

Ladycop322, what part of Palm Beach County? My parents are in Royal Palm Beach. I graduated from Wellington H.S. c/o '91, and Palm Beach Atlantic, c/o '98.

Top Bottom