Hello from Fargo, North Dakota

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Unionboggle

Greetings from slightly frozen Fargo, ND. I'm Dustin. I have just recently set up my shop and have hitting the lathe hardcore in sub 20 degree air of my shop. with my heater really close, I have delved into my newest hobby. I was introduced to the wonderful world of pen turning when I was working as a customer service representative at Amazon.com. Delta Machinery came to train us reps on their new mini lathe (at the time) and we all got to make a pen. I have been hooked ever since.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Welcome Dustin, from Sydney, Australia.
To be turning in below 20 deg Neg, you must really be Hooked to this Addiction.
Would love to see some of your Photographs of your Pens.
Regards,
Brian.

jdmacdo

Welcome from Fargo

Welcome from another Fargo member. I moved up here 3 months ago and am still trying to dig out all the tools to get the shop set up.

Jim FC

Greetings from slightly frozen Fargo, ND. I'm Dustin. I have just recently set up my shop and have hitting the lathe hardcore in sub 20 degree air of my shop. with my heater really close, I have delved into my newest hobby. I was introduced to the wonderful world of pen turning when I was working as a customer service representative at Amazon.com. Delta Machinery came to train us reps on their new mini lathe (at the time) and we all got to make a pen. I have been hooked ever since.
Dustin:
I'm in West Fargo and think I would really enjoy getting started with turning pens. It looks like it would be a great hobby. Have done some searching on the net and have ordered a couple books on pen turning. However, what I would really want to do is to watch someone making a pen or just simply look at the equipment used. I've never used a lathe and have no turning tools . . . I would be starting from scratch. So if there is a possibility that I could watch you in the process or just look at your equipment etc I would really appreciate it. My name is Jim and phone number is 701-871-1179. My email is jimfc@gmx.com. Hope I hear from you.

Top Bottom