Hello everyone!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimhenning

My name is Jim and I have been turning on a lathe for the last 5 or so years as a hobby. Got into pens and razors in the last year or 2, finally started an Etsy, but I really love turning, its a great hobby.

I like to work the most with antler and burls, because man, you can get some beautiful stuff out of that.

I also just started stabilizing and casting my own blanks to see if I can make any cool looking stuff.

I look forward to learning a lot on these forums!

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimhenning

Tim Hemi

Hi, I'm Tim. On Jan 18th of this year, I turned my first thing ever, a pen!
It was so fun, now I'm addicted. I try to make at least one pen a day after work. My plan was to learn the craft, so when I retire in nine years, I'd be good enough to make a little spending money. Well, my friends, coworkers, and people who have noticed my first pen in my pocket, have convinced me to sell now. In the past 30 days, I have sold 11 pens and have orders for 9 more. About two years ago, I started my wood working hobby. I've made a couple of shelves, a few work benches, and some cedar planters. My other hobby is target shooting. My new friend, Al Medlock, told me about Penturners.org. There's a lot of cool stuff on here, it's gonna take me forever to check everything out. I've turned several types of pens so far, I plan on learning all I can, and turning everything possible.

Thanks for letting me join,

Tim

Tim Hemi

Sorry Jim,

I didn't mean to put my introduction here, I finally figured out how to post it correctly.

Welcome,

Tim

Top Bottom