Hello from Delaware

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JKMonkey

:monkey: <-- my favorite emoji!

Hello everyone! I am really excited to be able to have the opportunity to embark on my newest journey of pen turning. I have a lot of hobbies and my wife was a little reluctant to allow me to start yet another one (I don't blame her but, here I am). I have never used a Lathing machine so I will have to have some practice just turning scraps. I will not be able to start until Mid August due to my current job location, which kind of puts a kink in my process.

I am looking forward to talking to you and I have already done a ton of research so I am pretty sure I know where I want and need to start with the process. There are a ton of kits out there but I have my research narrowed down. More to come.

Thanks for letting me join and again I am looking forward to talking to all of you! :monkey:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome Andrew from Medina, OH.

I spent 6 months at Stockley Center (Georgetown) completing an internship; with fond memories of weekends in Rehoboth Beach.

PM me if you have a need for any basic stuff!

JKMonkey

Thank you all for warm welcome! I am looking forward to the entire process! (just not buying the equipment :eek:) If you know how I can acquire a lathe for a beginner please let me know! I will be looking around upon my return.

:monkey:

Skeels

Thank you all for warm welcome! I am looking forward to the entire process! (just not buying the equipment :eek:) If you know how I can acquire a lathe for a beginner please let me know! I will be looking around upon my return.

:monkey:

I bought a lathe from harbor freight. It ain't the "best", but it gets the job done for a pretty good price. I got mine for under 100 bucks and it's not the smallest one they have. Mines the 10x18 if I'm correct, the one I wanted was the next size down which I believe is an 8x12. If ur not gonna turn anything other than pens, that one should be a perfect place to start.

Top Bottom