Hello from Columbus!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sschaar

Hi Everyone.... I'm new to pen making. I met Michael Hughes from Specialty Turned Designs in December 2016. One thing lead to another, and the next thing I know, I'm at his shop taking a lesson. I think I've been hooked from the first pen I made. Just finished #11 this past week (pic attached). I've very quickly graduated to some hard stuff, but I'm having a ball of fun learning but have so much more to learn. I've already purchased a bunch of pen kits and blanks... no equipment yet. But, I can see that coming someday if I keep doing this.

I'll be attending the Midwest Penturners Gathering in Wadsworth. Hope to meet some of you there. I've already learned a great deal just by reading posts here on the IAP forum.

Attachments

• 20180228_154820.jpg
    20180228_154820.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 142
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sschaar

Hello
God looking pen Yoko have made what is the penblank made of?

Pen blank is from Barry Gross at Arizona Silhouette. I met Barry at the Columbus Woodworking Show back in January and he had these blanks at his store. It's sea shells set in Alumilite and Pearl Ex. It's by far the hardest material I've worked with. I've got about 7 hours in this one pen from start to finish, but it turned out well for my first one. You can find the blank here:

Sea Shell Pen Blank - Blue Sea: Arizona Silhouette

Top Bottom