Hello from Colorado

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Locksmith

Hi, I am a newbie pen turner and new to this forum too. I have been turning pens since around October 15, 2016, and have many questions. I have a Rikon 70-105 Lathe, wish it was variable speed, to me it is a pain to keep changing the belt for drilling to turning, to sanding and back again. :eek: I am always looking for ideas on how to make the shine on the pens sparkle and am always open to ideas. I have a ton of questions, but I am afraid to ask, as some may think I ask too many questions.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Jerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Hi Jerry, Welcome from Virginia!

We have plenty of answers to your questions.

I suggest you start a new thread in the pen turning forum and probably just keep one question per thread as it may get confusing having different answers to different questions in the same thread.

There are many articles in the library here that may answer some of your questions.

jsolie

Welcome from Southern California! The library is a good place to start for getting some questions answered. Or start a new thread with your question and I'm sure you'll get an answer from someone.

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Jerry !!!! . Go ahead ... ask your questions ... one at at time is best ... be as specific as you can .

Sataro

Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

You will never find the answer to your question until it is asked or you start reading the library articles. I've found many answers to questions that I've had by just reading the articles.

Edward Cypher

Welcome Jerry, from Aurora. There is a turning guild that meets at Rocklers on the 1st tuesday of the month and one in Loveland that meets at woodcraft on the 1st thursday following the first tuesday of the month. There is also a pen group in Loveland that meets on the third thursday of the month after the first tuesday. Hope to see you at one of these lots of good people.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP from Medina, Ohio.

Ask away! But beware - you'll get answers :eek:!

The above suggestions are all excellent.

Top Bottom