Hello from Central TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FrMark

Good morning,

I came here looking for information on kit-less fountain pen making via an article a search engine found for me that is very helpful.

I had a little exposure to the lathe in Jr/Sr High School then did other things for years. Remembering the earlier experience fondly, I bought a small lathe but due to moving ahead of my family for job reasons, I've not had much access to it since right after I got it. I hope to get the family and our stuff to central TX not later than this summer.

Once I get a little more skill in using the lathe I hope to make some fountain pens for personal use and as gifts. Perhaps one of my boys will make pens as a business, who knows.

I'm intrigued by the possibilities of resin stabilized wood as a turning medium. While the exotic woods are pretty, I will likely confine my work to locally available materials.

Professionally, I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian Priest originally trained as an organic chemist. I'm using the chemistry education/experience to support my family while trying to (re)build a small parish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom