Hello from central east Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom east tx

Recently retired from one of those desk jobs and have worked with wood for quite some time, nothing fancy just little projects. While looking at some woodworking projects on youtube, I noticed some of the turning videos and started watching and it has become addictive. Living in east Texas wood is easy for me to get my hands on even though I am not sure how much of it will make good pen material. Wood pens will be my focus to at least get started and get my feet wet. I have a lathe due to arrive next week, so I am looking forward to doing some turning. I am looking forward to making some of the symposiums, and I hear at the end of the month they should have one in Waco. I am new but not too proud to learn from others mistakes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

Welcome. Waco will be overwhelming with a lot of people and lots of "stuff" thrown at you in a very short time. Find out of there is a AAW club in your area, if so join the AAW and go to the meetings. Most turners are more than willing to help you learn and push into this never ending vortex.

MTViper

Welcome from West Texas. I second the idea of finding a club and attending meetings when you can. I drive about 140 miles each way to go to meetings in Ft Worth. Really worth the trip.

Top Bottom