Hello from Cassatt, SC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKind2Anmls

Hello All.

I've been a flatboard woodworker for several years and decided to give turning a try. I bought a Turncrafter Pro VS Midi to start. I am going to start with pens, primarily because I have so many pen blanks. I use them for keys and accents in my boxes and toys. I also have a set of Benjamin's Best large tools along with the micro set. I've also bought everything I think I need to begin making pens but I can't buy skill. So, I'm looking forward to hearing what all you good people have to say. I have a question on bushings which I'll post in the appropriate area.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

welcome from ireland. You think you have bought everything you need? Watch your wallet closely as you'll be wondering, " God where does my money go?":D

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
You'll never</u> have everything you need to make pens.There will always be just one more thing you need.:D

Fred

Welcome, Susan, to the Forum from another Georgia out near Stone Mountain.

As far as buying "all you will need", there just ain't no such place. About the best advice I can give ya is to visit places like Woodcraft and/or Rocklers, etc. and intentionally forget to bring your wallet/checkbook/cash/etc. and your empty truck with trailer when you go there. So far this advice has saved e thousands and thousands of dollars. But in the early days it cost me to drive over to Woodcraft in my truck ESPECIALLY if my trailer just happened to be attached and empty.

Enjoy the gift of creation and have a blast discovering the hidden treasures that lie withing the most plain looking woods. They all hold a surprise within. :D

Top Bottom