Hello from California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cabhog

Hello everyone,
I've started turning several months ago. I turn mostly to make gifts for family and friends.
Pens seem to go over well everyone likes them.l like to increase my skill level and make some fancy pens. What are some resources for top quality pen parts and kits?
I'll post some of my work soon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cabhog

some pens

The pen on the left is mahogany I used a dark chestnut stain to accent the grain and a Ca finish. The middle pen is cocabola with the WTF for the finish and the pen on the right not sure what kind of wood, someone said it looks like mango it has some spalting the finish is blo.

Attachments

• pen resize.jpg
    pen resize.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 122

seamus7227

Welcome to the group from Wichita Falls, TX! Go to the IAP Marketplace tab up top and click on Premium and you can see some of our Member vendors.

Here are just a few:
Classic Nib
Exotic Blanks
Woodturningz
Berea Hardwoods
Indy~Pen~Dance
Bear Tooth Woods
Wood~n~Whimsies
Arizona Silhouette

These should help you out, just do a google search for them and you will find them. They will all have very competitive pricing and will by far beat out the Big online stores like Craft Supplies and Penn State Industries, Woodcraft or Rockler.

Oh, and i love the mahogany euro above! Beautiful set of pens!

MartinPens

Welcome!
I'm in southern Ca. Redlands/Loma Linda area.
You might take a glance through the cheers and jeers forum for info.
Indy~Pen~Dance
Classic Nib
Ed over at Exotics
Timberbits
Berea
These have been very pleasant vendors for me.
That pretty much covers my inventory and that's just a drop in the bucket of what's available here.
You can find some incredible blanks and sales in the classifieds.

There are a few of us in southern Ca. Where are you? Perhaps a get together of SoCal turners should be in the making.

Regards

Cabhog

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I have browsed this site and find a wealth of information and talent. I am sure my skill level will improve.
Thanks again.
I live in the Riverside area for those who asked

PeetyInMich

Hello from Michgan (Glenn again beats me to it) nice pens but don't be reluctant to try the single tube styles, they have half as many pieces, and more space to turn.

Top Bottom