Hello from Boise!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cyberdave

I am happy to find this forum.

Names Dave
Retired AF and just plain retired..

We just got off the road after six years of full time RV'ing and came to Boise Id to live.

Turned pens for a few years before going full time. Carried a small pen lathe to turn once in awhile.

In February, I was at the VA and there were some Vets that looked pretty down. I had 15 pens stored up and decided to give the pens to my fellow vets with a simple message and am up to 60+ pens so far. They've been very well received and I've received some positive feedback.

My hope is for this to spread to other VA's as I believe this simple gesture can make a big difference in a Vets day.

The local Woodcraft has given me a discount to help defray some costs. My goal is to give out 50 pens on Veterans day... , lots of work to do, darn.

The local Woodcraft also makes 2,000 pens every Veterans day and ships them to various locations. That'll be a long, rewarding day.

I'd like to find a source for 7mm pen clips with "Veteran" embossed on them. Ideas?

Any other Pen turners here in Boise?

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Welcome from Arkansas.

There is a company in Hawaii that sells military insignia clips for all branches of the Armed forces. I can't remember the name of the company though. I don't know if you'l get an answer to your question in this sub forum. You might post the question in the penturning or Casual Conversation sub forums. In the mean time, I'll see if I can find it.

flyitfast

Dave,Welcome to IAP from San Antonio, TX.
Thank you for your service and the continuing recognition of other Veterans.
You asked about other turners in Boise. I don't know any, but your Woodcraft may know of some. Or, is there a woodturners club there that also knows of a penturning club?
Gordon

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Dave.

Thanks for your service & thanks for what you are doing for our vets.

Top Bottom