Hello from Austin, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chuybregts

Hey guys, new turner here. I got a jet 1014 for Christmas and am using it to turn some presents for family/friends.

In November of last year, I took a pen class through woodcraft and found I really enjoyed it.

I look forward to learning a ton from everyone and one day hopefully contributing knowledge back!

Attached find a sample of my first pens. Slimlines from woodcraft, mainly for practice :) although those all were shipped out to family :)

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_5325.jpg
    IMG_5325.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 124
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Welcome from another North Texas pen turner! Hopefully you've already read all the warning labels about what an addictive (and expensive) hobby this can be..... the good news is, you can normally get it to pay for itself!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Chris,

I live on the south side of San Marcos. I would love to have you come down for an afternoon anytime you want to make a drive down this way. We could work on or discuss any areas you are having problems with. Send me a PM if you are ever interested or need help.

chuybregts

Haha, that is a dangerous offer :) I could just picture my wife, "Drop me off at the outlet mall, and take your time!" could be an expensive trip for me :)

But I do appreciate the offer and will definitely take you up on it :)

PenPal

Cris

Hi from Australia, I live in The capital City Canberra.

As often as I can I offer help and am really impressed by Curtis making that kind offer of a visit to do just that.

Also the family who received your pens should be happy you are beginning well, you will find on the forum we all have our pet projects, timbers, expressions but I have never had anything but high praise from recipients of my pens, on the forum we learn to sharpen techniques, find new methods, on the for sale some great timbers. Like all hobbies obssessive compulsive behaviour can take over leading to the need or desire to profit from your pens, there are many professional pen makers here who started just like you.

Enjoy the ride , have fun. Peter.

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls. Take up Curtis on his offer...you'll learn a lot. And if you ever get to the Wichita Falls area, my shop is open for a visit....from any IAP members visiting here or traveling through.
Do a good turn daily!

Don

nava1uni

Welcome from the West Coast. It is a "good" addiction. Lots to learn here, amazing pen turners. Lots of fun. Visit often, the more you visit the more you learn.

Top Bottom