Hello from Atlanta, GA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi, there!

My name is Matthew. A co-worker of mine years ago used to turn pens; I fell in love with them, and have been wanting to try it myself for all these years. Finally this 2018 holiday season, I got a small lathe, drill press, and mandrill and tried my first pen. I was instantly hooked! My wife Bella, who initially thought this was silly, saw what I was able to create and has since gotten hooked on the hobby as well. She has her own stack of blanks that I'm not allowed to touch now! My 10-year-old daughter also has a bunch of my pens and her friends at school are lining up to get theirs.
Aside from pen-turning, I also am an avid rock climber and home coffee roaster. I was born in Boston, and I grew up in the Los Angeles area. I've been living in Atlanta for 9 years now, working as an engineer at NCR.
It's nice to meet you! I hope to get more involved in different kinds of wood turning and casting as well as with the the on-line pen-making community.
Cheers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Welcome from Alphatetta.

First job out of college was with NCR - sold ATMs, 50 Rockefeller Center office and Dayton.
Played baseball on the Cape; now my son and his wife are moving to Boston.

Welcome to come by an do some turning.

And please join is at the local chapter meeting.

Lee Carr

Welcome Matthew,

We should be having the GA Chapter IAP meeting some time in
April. We are nailing down the date and location shortly.

Also, there is a Southeast Pen Gathering in Augusta the last week
of March. Good attendance, demonstrations and information sharing
there as well.

Tony, can you post the link?

Thanks,

Lee

Pen Joe

good people here, sounds like you don't have a hobby the family does, they might let you do some if you a good team player which means last, make the money Dad so they can play, so good to hear that you all are involved, congratulations.

Top Bottom