Hello from Arlington TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parrain

Thank you guys for being here! I am brand spanking new to turning though not to wood working. The bug bit when I picked up a gorgeous set of chisels from an estate sale along with a couple dozen planes, etc. that I planned on bringing back to their former glory. After researching the chisels, I watched a couple (read hundred) YouTube videos and figured I would limp into the hobby and bought a HF Lathe 2 weeks ago... then mandrels, chucks, pen kits, bushings, friction finishes, CA glue and finally today 25 board feet of maple, because who has time to pick up a new blank when you want to "play"? (I meant learn :)). So, just looking forward to sitting at the feet of the masters!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NVSB4

Welcome from another in Grand Prairie/Arlington.
I just got into pen making a couple of months back myself.
We'll have to get together sometime and compare notes.

MTViper

Welcome from near Abilene. Now that you're hooked, it's time to get involved with a club - you too, NVSB4. Here is the link for the Wood Turners of North Texas Home - Wood Turners of North Texas - they may still have brochures at the Arlington Rocklers. We just met last Thursday night. Alan Trent from San Antonio presented the program. The club has about 200 members and we usually have 100+ at the meetings. We have open shop before the meetings and every year we have special events to help you learn more about turning. I live 140 miles away and try to make it to most meetings. Hope to see you there.

Steve

Top Bottom