Hello from Arizona!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello everyone! I'm from the Phoenix area and just got my first lathe at the beginning of the year. Like many, I started using it by turning pens. My older brother sent me a beautiful Ironwood pen a few years back, fitting since I live in the desert, and I've been wanting to make them myself ever since. I've turned maybe 30-35 since then but still have a long way to go to catch up to some of the fine work I've seen here. I started with the standard slimline, stepped up to Euro/American styles with a tenon, and then rollerballs. However, I have fallen in love with fountain pens, they're beautiful to look at and I love writing with one. I've even gotten into casting my own polyester resin blanks. I've tried rather unsuccessfully to make segmented pens and hope to learn how to improve the end result. I've made several pens as gifts for coworkers and friends, and have enough for myself that I may never need a refill cartridge!

Looking forward to meeting new friends and learning a lot about this fun hobby - more like addiction - that I've acquired.

Cheers!
Jay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Jay !!!!! . Sounds like you are well and truly addicted ... funny how that happens to most if not all of us !!!!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Jay.

There's a contest for new members going on right now where you can have a chance to win a pile of really nice blanks just for answering 3 simple questions. Check out this thread and submit your entry. You never know.....

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f217/mr-anonymous-game-33-@-19-8-2016-new-members-only-142436/

Also be sure to post a photo of one of your pens in the Show Off Your Pens forum for a chance to win a drawing for a gift certificate from Exotic Blanks.

Top Bottom