Hello, from Amherst, NY.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NLAlston

My name is Nathan, and I have been deeply bitten by the pen turning bug. not only do I absolutely love it, but there are hopes of honing skills to the point of my being able to produce some salable pens. I've only turned five pens, so far, and four of them didn't come out too bad. At present, I am using the 3-piece Mini Carbide chiseling tool set (Rockler), and do like them. I also have five conventional chisels (HSS) which came with a used Shopsmith that I'd bought, some years back. I don't use them (at least, not now) because they need serious sharpening, and I don't have the financial wherewithal, at present, by which to avail myself of the proper equipment to sharpen them. But I'm working towards that end. Once I am able to begin selling some pens I might realize a more rapid assent at reaching my goal.

At any rate, I am so glad that I found this forum, and have NO DOUBT that I will learn much, here.

God Bless,
Nathan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Heather

Welcome from West Virginia!!

I completely understand the being addicted at first turn..I started out making Christmas ornaments...mainly snowmen but I bought a pen kit and it was like I simply fell in love lol

Once again, welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

JimB

Welcome from a little east of you. I'm in the Rochester area. If you are ever over this way you are welcome to stop by and I would be happy to sharpen your tools for you.

BTW, there are several turning clubs in the Buffalo area. You can go on the AAW website to find more information on them.

Top Bottom