Hello from Alberta, Canada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bowman1060

I thought I should introduce myself.
I started making pens 6 years ago and it became a passion. After about 2 years my wife suggested we should rent a table at a Christmas craft show and try our luck. We rented the table early, but about 10 days before the sale I came to the sad realization I did not have near enough pens to fill a table.
I took a week off from my "day job" and spent 12 to 14 hours a day for the next 7 days (7:30am to 10:00pm) making f...ing pens:eek: :)
The sale acutally went very well but after that I put the lathe away. It's now
4 years later I have put the lathe back on the bench and blew the dust off of it. I've made 4 pens in the last 2 weeks and realized I was a little rusty.
I found this site after looking for some information and decided it looks like a great forum.
Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Buck

Hi Steve,
I am from Alberta also. Man you must have been driven to make so many pens when you first started. I have been trying really hard to make time for pen turning and now that I have found this site I sure look forward to tips from others.
Thanks-Bill1967

OOPS

Another Greeting from Washington State. I am glad to hear you're back on the lathe. The "rust" will shake off soon and you'll be back making great pens again. I have learned a lot here on this site and I am sure you will too.

Be sure and post a photo when you feel ready to show off one of your creations.

Kretzky

Welcome from next-door.
Lots of talented folks on here all ready with help & advice, you just have to ask!

Top Bottom