Hello from Alberta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all. I have been hanging around this site off and on for a couple months now and realized I hadn't stopped and introduced myself. My name is Mike and I am from Edmonton, Alberta. I am a carpenter and run my own construction company, and have two boys in hockey (I coach both teams) that eats up most of my spare time. I have always been interested in wood working since a young age and turned my first project (a bowl) in junior high shop class. I hadn't touched the lathe since high school, then one day a couple years ago I saw a small used Rikon at a garage sale. I picked it up and turned a couple of razors and stands for Christmas presents that year. "Life", as always got busy and the lathe sat in the corner and collected dust. I recently started to get back into turning and have completed a few pens, keychains, and a couple more razors and stands (and upgraded to a Nova Comet which I'm loving so far). I stumbled upon this site and have been overwelmed by the information and knowledge here. Look forward to getting to know some of you and learning from everyone. I'll jump in if I have anything productive to offer, but being a noob, I'll probably just soak it all in for the first little while and learn as much as I can from all of you. Cheers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi from a little East and South of you. Gopher lives in your town. PM him and get together for a chat.

Thanks Curly. I am originally from a little closer to you. Small town called Provost right near the AB/SK border. I have a bunch of "306" relatives. A few in your city. Thanks for the tip about Gopher, I'll look him up!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom