Hello

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medicsteele

Greetings from Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada. I am a Paramedic (an old guy) and I have been turning pens for about 6 months (time permitting). I hope to semi retire in about 4 years, then I can spend more time in the 'shed' turning pens and other neat stuff. I am looking forward to picking up some neat tricks of the trade.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodworker

Welcome Roger!

I am the other "Hello" from three days ago, so I'm hardly qualified to Welcome you but, it is a large friendly group so, Welcome!

Your website brought back old memories as I flew back in the 50's and 60's.

Pen turning is great retirement activity. You can work at your own pace. This is a super forum with lots of information. Get a photo album and add to the pen turning pictures. Or, just enjoy a great site.

medicsteele

Thanks to all ... I don't fly the planed I work in the back as a critical care paramedic .. but now I have returned home to work industrial until I semi retire ... I get to take some neat photos of wild life and am always 'on the scrounge' for exotic wood that some palettes are made of .. in the 'oil patch' equipment arrives from all over the world.

medicsteele

THANK YOU to all, your remarks make me feel welcome ... my granddaughters, aged 10 and 11 enjoy the site too, I am teaching them to make pens. (in my limited way) It's great fun though .. kids are sooo smart.

Top Bottom