Hell from Tennessee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello everybody I am 17 years old and my name is Jordan . I just now found this forum and it seems very awesome and it appears I have been missing out on alot . I have been turning pens for 4 years with a 1 year break from turning where I sold all my stuff and just now bought all new stuff . I had bought a guys entire pen turning workshop and used incorrect tools ( it worked and stuff looked good though ) and a low end non variable speed lathe it wasn't very fun to say the least . I did alot of saving and wheeling and dealing on craigslist and just decided to go into woodcraft and go all out . I got a delta 46-460 lathe , rikon 14'' deluxe bandsaw , a bunch of easy wood tools and everything else I could want or need . I just made a huge order on psi as well , I figured since I have the cash why not spend it right . I feel like I missed out on alot this past year . It feels great to be back , I look forward to interacting and sharing with all of you . :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Welcome from Conyers, Georgia. Interesting typo on your subject line. I thought it might be a Fruedian slip:wink:

Jim Smith

scotian12

Hello from Nova Scotia....that is pretty exciting getting set up in a new shop. Once you get a bit of inventory built up you can make some sales and get your money back on your your investment. You will find this site is a great resource for advice, education, entertainment and motivation. Regards Darrell

ironman123

Welcome to IAP from Central Texas.

Look in the Vendors section of this forum and you will find other distributors and sellers of things you may need.

Ray

Haha , I didn't even realize that title . I was typing on a ipad and I guess the ipad though that was the more appropriate choice . I am seeing alot of sick pens and pen kits I have never seen before its pretty sweet .

Last year I lived in Bristol Tn ( Northeastern) and the market was alot smaller there . Though its bigger here everyone seems to still navigate towards the same pens the ultra cigars and majestics and the slimline but then just get the slimline because I can sell them for the price of what a ultra cigar kit costs me . Its pretty crazy , I love doing really fancy pens like amboyna burl and snakewood and others but people all love a slimine acrylic with some weird shape .

George Barber

Hi neighbor. I live in south Knoxville. The local Woodcraft should have a pretty good month or so thanks to us. I just bought a new Jet 1642 and a few Easy Wood tools.

I, too, just found this site. I started turning pens years ago when the slimline kit was about all there was. It was kind of boring do I moved to other things. I'm having fun looking what has gone on since.

Have you been to the local club yet?

Top Bottom