Happy New Year from Western Mass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rembrandt

I am new to the association but have been turning for a while now, I look forward to sharing and learning. Anyone gonna be attending the New England Woodworking show in a couple of weeks at the Big E?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Welcome, Jeff.

The New England show is a little out of my neighborhood, but I'll look forward to hearing a report ;-)

I also look forward to seeing what you have to share.

-Barry

ctubbs

Welcome Jeff, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

pensbydesign

welcome jeff, i know there will be a few members lurking around the show, check out the the local chapter to we will be meeting in jan.

toddlajoie

I'll second Steve's (pensbydesign) welcome and encouragement to come to the meeting the following week at Woodcraft!! There are a great bunch of folks who can teach you a lot about pens and all sorts of other turnings.

I'm planning on being at the wood show as part of another local club, but I'm not sure when that will be, I had signed up for both Saturday and Sunday, but I just learned that there are other commitments I really should be at Saturday if they can arrange for others from the group to cover Saturday.

If it is set up similar to last year, one of the major vendors will have people helping folks learn to turn pens. If they do, introduce yourself to them from here, as I believe several of them, if not all, are around here...

Top Bottom