haloo, like somehelp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LaurentDH

I am from belgium , and loo, to by a wood turning Lathe
i have two choces, bur can not make up my mind
so if somebody see this and know the machine, I would be fine to have some advice

Jet JWL-1221 VS of Midi Drechselbank 350 FU

Hope to hear from sombody
purpose is turning quality pens,
Warm greetings
Laurent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Welcome Laurent! The Jet is a very nice lathe. I am not familiar with the other lathe you mentioned.

It is good to buy the best tools you can afford, that eliminates lots of problems that poor quality tools cause.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Laurent! Welcome to IAP.

I called my Mom (Originally from Germany) to read the description of the Midi Dreschelbank Lathe.

Both the JET 1221 and the Dreschelbank are:

1 HP (0,75 KW = 1HP)
MT 2 (In German the MK 2 is... Morse Konus 2 = Morris Taper 2).
Both are variable speed with similar speed ranges.
Both are a nice weight : Jet 121 lbs/55 KG; Dreschelbank: 94 lbs/43 KG.

I have a Jet Mini Lathe, a Jet Air Filter, and just ordered a Jet Dust Collector So I have confidence in the Jet products.

I have NO experience with the Dreschelbank Lathe.

However, the 2 lathes appear to be very similar, and either should serve you well. I can only suggest that cost may be a factor to consider, and the ability to get parts. If Jet has a good distribution in Belgium, that is fine; if not, you may want to favor the Dreschelbank.

Hope this was helpful :)!

Best Regards, Mark

JD Combs Sr

Welcome aboard the IAP. If all other things were equal I would buy the Jet for the extra 27lbs. I have a jet and love it. The data so far doesn't compare warranty. State side the jet has a 5 year, don't know about other countries or about the other lathes warranty.

LaurentDH

FU ( frequentie regeling)

I would lik to know if the JET has a Frequence, modulation , like the drechselmeister, MIDI FU
( frequentie umwander) in German Language
They told me the JEt has just a potention, master, and no real grequencie converter??? Can sombody help me
Laurent

LaurentDH

Frequency changer for the new JET

Welcome aboard the IAP. If all other things were equal I would buy the Jet for the extra 27lbs. I have a jet and love it. The data so far doesn't compare warranty. State side the jet has a 5 year, don't know about other countries or about the other lathes warranty.

Hallo

i would like to know if the JET has a Frequency converter , or not
Does somebody know that
Laurent

Last edited:

LaurentDH

Frequency changer

[

QUOTE=mark james;1722383]Hi Laurent! Welcome to IAP.

I called my Mom (Originally from Germany) to read the description of the Midi Dreschelbank Lathe.

Both the JET 1221 and the Dreschelbank are:

1 HP (0,75 KW = 1HP)
MT 2 (In German the MK 2 is... Morse Konus 2 = Morris Taper 2).
Both are variable speed with similar speed ranges.
Both are a nice weight : Jet 121 lbs/55 KG; Dreschelbank: 94 lbs/43 KG.

I have a Jet Mini Lathe, a Jet Air Filter, and just ordered a Jet Dust Collector So I have confidence in the Jet products.

I have NO experience with the Dreschelbank Lathe.

However, the 2 lathes appear to be very similar, and either should serve you well. I can only suggest that cost may be a factor to consider, and the ability to get parts. If Jet has a good distribution in Belgium, that is fine; if not, you may want to favor the Dreschelbank.

Hope this was helpful :)!

Best Regards, Mark[/QUOTE]

LaurentDH

problem solved

Hallo everybody... the beginning is in dutch, see englisch lower in the mail

Ik heb de onderste steen boven en hieronder detail uitleg van de Jet.

Het raadsel is opgelost, ik hen dan maar Naar JET china geschreven, bij hun Taiwan branche.. ( de iets betere versies)
hieronder exact hun antwoord.. samengevat is het geen frequentieregelaar, maar een naar mijn gevoel, Eletronische sturing geprogrammeerd, om beste te halen uit elke toerental, door middel van van een PC Board meer info :
PWM - Pulse Width Modulation for DC Motor Speed and LED Brightness - Robot Room
PWM Motor Speed Controller / DC Light Dimmer

het is geen driefasige motor, maar naar mijn gevoel, een geavanceerde, Microcontroller, en een DC Motor die uiteraard stukken beter, duurder is dan in een gewone HBM bijv…
zij gebruiken het PC board ( PWM) system, dat voorgeprogrammeerd is in de fabriek
Naar mijn gevoel licht dat dicht bij een frequentieregelaar

Antwoord JET
Hi Laurent,

Thank you of your mail.

JWK-1221VS lathe is not a frequency converter design (inverter control), so it is not same as Killinger driver system.
JWL-1221VS is a DC motor with a PC board (PWM) to control this driver system, for European model it will be with a filter device to meet CE standard.
And have a sensor to read the right RPM in spindle, and display the RPM on digital panel.

Due to this model is designing under of a small capacity and more professional with less cost. Based on those element above, we set up all cutting situations to become parameter into this controller in advance when manufacturing. So this new lathe would be more powerful than other the same level lathes.

If you prefer to have a frequency converter design, please consider our lathes of JWL-1642, 3520B, and 4224B models. Thank you.

Regards,

Irene Wei

Direct 886-4-22438000 #111
Fax 886-4-22439000
Email iwei@jpwindustries.com

JPW Tool Group Hong Kong Limited, Taiwan Branch
14F, No.366, Bei Tun Road
Taichung, Taiwan R.O.C.
Post Code : 40654
JPW Industries | Industrial Brands

kneitzke

draaibank

Sorry guys, after about being 8 years here and not a single usefull post, I couldn't help to reply to this one in my mother tongue.

Op tweedehands.be staan een honderdtal gebruikte draaibankjes onder de 200 euro. Beter een goede gebruikte dan een nieuwe uit china. Ikzelf heb een russische metal draaibank welke uitstekend voor een beginner te gebruiken is indien deze geen ervaring met houtbewerking heeft. een tweede tip: Timberbits.com verstuurt zonder verzendkosten.

Last edited:

LaurentDH

Sorry guys, after about being 8 years here and not a single usefull post, I couldn't help to reply to this one in my mother tongue.

Op tweedehands.be staan een honderdtal gebruikte draaibankjes onder de 200 euro. Beter een goede gebruikte dan een nieuwe uit china. Ikzelf heb een russische metal draaibank welke uitstekend voor een beginner te gebruiken is indien deze geen ervaring met houtbewerking heeft. een tweede tip: Timberbits.com verstuurt zonder verzendkosten.

Beste
bedankt, maar wil geen rommel van andere mensen... toch bedankt voor Tip, maar wij vlamingen zijn in deze iets anders ingesteld.. no offense
die TIP can Timberbits, is heel goed en , bedank voor Tip verzending
vreemd gratis van australia???? daar zitten die toch hé... en HOP CO2 :)`

I am involved with a UK Woodturning trust. We have around 15 Jets of all sizes. They are very reliable. I don't know the other Lathe you mentioned. Hope this helps.

chrisk

Hi Laurent,
I've just read this thread. I have a Midi Drechselbank 350 FU that I purchased from Drechselbedarf Schulte: Midi Drechselbank 350 FU - 0,75 kW / 1 PS - Midi Drechselbank 350 FU - Drechselbänke - Online-Shop - drechseln - Drechselbedarf K. Schulte - Drechseln

It's a very good lathe based on the original model (AT1416VS) introduced by the British Axminster and also offered for sale by some other European shops. Namely aside from the aforementioned German Schulte, the Austrian Magma (Magma Lathe 175-FU), the French La Maison du Tournage (Tour à bois 750W Turnline Vario). Along with Axminster, the latter European shops order their lathes from the same Taiwanese factory.

Top Bottom