Hail from the south.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rufus3

My name is Robert. I go to New Danville and I am one of the wranglers that gets to use the machinery that was donated. All the others that get to use it are also greatful. We are making wood pens. We also make wood pencils. Soon we will start on Bottle Stoppers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Welcome Robert, from another Robert. Glad you joined us and we will be waiting to see some of your work.:wink: BTW, keep an eye on Dion, he can get out of hand you know!!:biggrin:

snowman56

Hellow Robert
Glad to here that you and the other wranglers are having fun learning your new craft.Hope to visit the shop soon and check out all the pens that are being made. Tell Dion hellow for me.

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Robert, nice to see you joining us! I was really impressed with the pens that y'all had made so far, when I was there a few weeks back for the meeting.

That's a great shop you have! And I look forward to seeing some of your work on this site soon!:cool:

Take care! Lee

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Robert. There sure are lots of great people in Texas making pens! I noticed that one of your interests is "puzzles". Not sure which kind but there is a puzzle pen offered by a couple of vendors that are IAP members. Check them out by clicking here and also here. Those were just the first two that popped up in a "puzzle" search.

I am posting links below to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a link to a PDF file that is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Robert! Welcome from sunny California. I'm glad to see you here. Looking forward to see some of your pens.

Top Bottom