Greets from Smiths, AL/ Columbus, GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

I am right on the border of the two states and Columbus GA shows up on more maps :)

I just started pen making recently and already addicted. I have made a few so far plus my stash of goodies is growing larger and larger. I tend to prefer stabilized woods and the many exotics.

I maintain a gallery at http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/ for all my photography work, currently underwater photography, animal photo's, pens, knives, guns, coins, wood etc..

This is probably the pen that got me into the whole turning thing.
IMG_4340.JPG

32 layers of handmade denim micarta (from wrangler jeans)

Some of my last pen photo's:
IMG_4333.JPG

This is exhibition grade Juglans Regia (english walnut), it came from gun stock scraps. I might redo the top section on this one, not sure yet.

IMG_4257.JPG

this is stabilized afzelia burl.

IMG_4240.JPG

This is stabilized spalted birch burl. It's way holographic and sadly impossible to capture on film :(

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

Originally posted by LostintheWoods
<br />Welcome to the group! BTW, I wouldn't change the top of the walnut pen--it has character!

the reason I was considering changing the top part is the clip touches the center band. It chipped out some since it's sapwood and I shortened it with the belt sander.

Ed

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ed

Welcome! There is a great turning club down in your neck of the woods, and I believe it is called BiCity Turning club....Columbus and Phenix City folks get together at the club...If you need any information let me know, and I will dig it up and send it to you!

Robert

freedomhouse

If you call me at 706-718-3795

I will hook you up to the turners in Columbus or you can go to the web site... some of these guy meet weekly in Harris Co. and the club meets once a month....

Great turners and teachers.... come on out and spin some wood!

www.bicitywodturners.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom