Greetings from Watford, UK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparkydc

Hi guys

Been lurking on this great forum for a while. Got all excited about penturning 3 years ago, but then ill health knocked me out after only a few attempts. Back now, and I guess I've made maybe 30-40 pens. Started with wood (Slimline, what else?), then some acrylics, and now I've just started to cast my own. Plenty of false starts, but I'm getting there!

I've always been a fan of stamps - and Concorde, and Star Wars - so recently put these together.

IMAG1236 (1).jpg
1969 UK Concorde stamp issue

IMAG1303.jpg
2015 UK Star Wars X-Wing stamp

I still have loads to learn, and there are so many exciting things to try! I really appreciate all the helpful tips and resources on here, and hope that I'll be able to contribute in some small way...

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Spike589715

Hi from just up the A1 ....Stevenage
Just started myself, got my lathe running again today and looking to make my first pen
A very simple brass one
Cheers
Simon

Hawkdave

G'Day Gary, and welcome to IAP.

You have made a fine start with your pens and I am sure you will find people with a similar interest such as yours, Concorde and Star Wars.

Dave.

Spike589715

Could be !
Early days for me in pen making ! I am working on a small brass pen project as I have a metal lathe
Interested in having a go at using some of the coloured acrylic blocks maybe with a kit to start with .... Trying to decide what kit would be good etc

We are even in Watford on Fridays as we go swimming in the evening !

Cheers
Simon

Thanks chaps!

Simon - the start of a Hertfordshire chapter? :)

Spike589715

Sounds like a plan do you have a wood Turing lathe ?
I am wondering if I can put a bar in my tool post and use some wood turning tools ..... Think this may be easier for shaping etc, will have to look into this
Do you use a kit for the basic parts ?
At the moment I am working on my brass pen
I guess I will then need to look at buying a mandrel to hold the blanks etc

If you enjoy swimming why not join us ? http://www.wnsc.org.uk/

Cheers
Simon

And I'm less than a mile from the pool! We must compare notes some time. Metal lathes are a mystery to me.

Top Bottom