GREETINGS FROM SF

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlemagne

Today marks a turning point in my life, pun intended, today I officially became middle-aged. I turned 40 today.:cake: The big 40! Woopdeeedoo! A week ago, somebody gave me a pen. At first, I didn't give it much thought. A couple of days ago, the way the sunlight bounced off of it caught my attention. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it wasn't a Parker or Montblanc Pen. It was made of wood. Hhhhmmmmm..........this is different I said to myself. My wife then proceeded to fill me in on the details. She mentioned "the pen was turned." I wanted to know more. And I guess that's why I'm here. My aim is to get hopelessly addicted to this hobby. And from what I've read so far, that shouldn't be hard to do.
Now to get started. My name is Charlemagne but my friends call me Charlie or Chuckles and I live in San Francisco. If there is anybody near me that would be kind enough to show me how to get started or would like to take me under their wing, I would certainly appreciate it. So what say you guys.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Welcome and Happy Birthday. BTW you are not middle age yet. 50 is the new 40. No, that's not right. I'm 50. OK, I got it. 60 is the new 40.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Charlie,

Welcome to the abyss. You are in luck because you have several pen turners right around you. There are three of us from Pleasanton/Livermore and a couple from SF.

Be sure to check out the Northern/Central California Chapter forum.

Feel free to contact me any time with any questions you have or if you want to get together to turn pens with my collection of tools so you can decide exactly what you want to spend your money on.

GK

Top Bottom