Greetings from PA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JCJRSmith

Hi everybody. I'm Jerry from PA. I found this forum from recommendations I saw on Woodnet and BT3Central. I am not a turner...yet. It is something that has always fascinated me, but I haven't taken the plunge.

Recently, my company was audited here in PA and found that they weren't paying their IT personnel in accordance with state law, so they owe a bunch of back ovretime pay. So the employees had to go back over their records for the past two years to figure how much the company owes them. Not so much for me as I have only been there since September 8, 2008, but I still managed to come up with almost 80 hours worked overtime since then. So, sometime here in February I will get a check for almost three full weeks worth of pay that SWMBO is calling "found money" - and she asked me, "so what do you want to do with YOUR found money?"

OH!
MY!
GOODNESS! :biggrin:

The woman is a keeper. I just need to figure out how to get her something nice out of the found money.

Hmmmmm, and for me, maybe take the plunge and get started in turning?

So here I am, scouring forums, looking for all the info I can.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Hi everybody. I'm Jerry from PA. I found this forum from recommendations I saw on Woodnet and BT3Central. I am not a turner...yet. It is something that has always fascinated me, but I haven't taken the plunge.

Welcome Jerry;

I am just north of Harrisburg. The Harrisburg Woodcraft store has a Woodturners club meeting this Tuesday Feb 10th at 7:00pm. You are more than welcome to attend. We usually have a show and tell, and the store allows us to use the equipment they have in the training room.

Bring a folding chair. :)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Welcome, Jerry. I am just south of Williamsport, but anyone who has heard me talk will tell you I am NOT native to the region. :wink:

I hope you decide to use your "found" money to give turning a try, after you reward that amazing woman you married, that is!:)

If you have any questions or want to visit any shops, I know there are a number of us here in the Keystone State that would welcome you.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Jerry. Seems like I have seen you somewhere before! :biggrin:

Show us the money :biggrin: . . . and a few pens!

I know you know a lot already but just in case there is something that was overlooked by your pocketbook, here is a link to a PDF file by yours truly. It is an overview that just touches on all the ways you can spend money turning pens! :rolleyes:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

JCJRSmith

Welcome Jerry;

I am just north of Harrisburg. The Harrisburg Woodcraft store has a Woodturners club meeting this Tuesday Feb 10th at 7:00pm. You are more than welcome to attend. We usually have a show and tell, and the store allows us to use the equipment they have in the training room.

Bring a folding chair. :)

The only problem with that is I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays (and some Saturdays) at Harrisburg Area Community College as adjunct faculty (I teach Microsoft Certification Classes). Primary reason why I haven't made a SAW-PA meeting in over two years. Once the class ends in the Spring I will have to check out the woodturners meeting.

dgscott

Hi Jerry. Welcome to one of the friendliest sites on the web. I moved to New Mexico from the Philadelphia suburbs. The only ting I miss is scrapple!
Doug

USAFVET98

Hey Jerry, Welcome to a great site, and family of turners. I am in the hawley area near lake wallenpaupack, about 45 minutes from scranton. I just started turning in July and have been hooked since. If you want a nice gift to get your wife, give her the first pen you make. If you need anything, please let me know and I will do what I can to get you started.

Brian

Moosewatcher

Welcome Jerry from Horsham, PA. You might want to take that little woman up to the Grizzly showroom in Muncie and buy her a nice Grizzly G0658. I'd get her some dinner too if I was you.

Ken

Fred

Yep she is definitely a 'Keeper!'

Welcome to the Forum. Very glad to meet you!
Don't get her anything ... instead make her something from your newly acquired lathe. That way you both win.

PenPal

Welcome Jerry from Australia

I do believe you married a treasure and joined with many delightful people from your state and from around the world, guess the word International means just that.

Already you have had a baptism of fire teaching Microsoft so you should endure well.

All the best Peter from summer in Canberra.

Top Bottom