Greetings from Northern Virginia!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

law_kid

Hello! I've been a woodworker for about 15 years and turning the occasional pen during the last 10 or so, but lately getting into it a bit more seriously after catching Barry Gross at the Woodworking Show in Baltimore and then Chantilly. I had only ever done the Euro-style pens (which I am told are a bear to learn on) prior to about a month ago, but since then, I've been exploring the joys of Wall Street, Executive, Cigar pens, the bolt-actions, and even dragons and skulls. I even managed to sell about 25 or 30 at a two-day arts and craft fair we had at my workplace.

I just started doing CW finishing instead of friction polish and I have to say, I am 10x happier with my results.

Here is a photo of a couple of recent "Big Ben"/cigar pens I did. One is tiger maple that I've dyed amber with TransTint; the other is crotch walnut burl.

Attachments

• Cigar pens.jpg
    Cigar pens.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 128
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Jim, Welcome from Northern Virginia....Loudoun County!

Great job on the pens! Fit and finish look spot on!

When you were at the Chantilly show, Capital Area Woodturners booth was right next to Barry's booth. Come on down and check us out. We are right off Rt 1 south of the beltway/Alexandria. If you didn't pick up a brochure you can checkout our website for info and demonstrators/workshops.

Capital Area Woodturners

Top Bottom