Greetings from a noob in Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pharmacyguy

Hello all! I'm a middle aged guy who just started turning with my Dad's mini lathe. He had started turning the last few years of his life, mostly bottle stoppers and such. I "inherited" all his stuff when he passed but didn't really have the desire to use it. A dear friend of mine, who turns, finally convinced me to give a go and I can't thank him enough. I've only done a few kit pens and some fishing lures but I am having a blast!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

Welcome Pharmacy guy.

Just curious, did you use weights on your lures? I have a few lure kits I've going to get around to someday and had always wondered if they would need any weights.

Seven

Pharmacyguy

Welcome Pharmacy guy.

Just curious, did you use weights on your lures? I have a few lure kits I've going to get around to someday and had always wondered if they would need any weights.

Seven

Depends I think, on the type of lure and the action you are looking for. I've done a mini pencil popper with weight in back and it twitches side to side quite well. My friend just turns cedar round, rounds off the nose and tapers it to the back, no weights, and he does well.

Pharmacyguy

Welcome to IAP !!!!!

Would love to see some of your turnings ... especially the pens and fishing lures !!

I'll get some better pics of the lures

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0943.jpg