Greetings From Newcastle, OK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TylerRiddle

Greetings all :) As with my brother (Trevor from Wichita, KS) this is also a belated introduction. I guess an interest in working with wood runs in our family, as I also began turning pens this past year and have been hooked ever since. When he told me about this site, I looked into it and was blown away by the shear volume of information there is on making true works of art. I joined IAP at the beginning of October and spend way more time on this site than I probably should :) Without this site, I'd probably still be using friction polish as my main finish (sigh). Once again, thanks to all of you that have provided so much knowledge and information.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Welcome to the forum Tyler. I'm not far from you here in Moore. You live a little to close to Norman for that type of avatar don't you? :) We are supposed to have an Oklahoma get together sometime early next year so keep your eye out. E-mail me if you have any questions and I'll see if I can help.

TylerRiddle

Les,

Living in "enemy" territory can be a nerve wracking experience, but most of my friends are OU grads, so the ribbing is usually in a good manner :) My wife and I lived in Moore off of 4th street for a year before we bought a house out near Riverwind. Technically, I have a Norman address, but nausea has subsided as I have learned to cope with the fact that I'm square in the middle of Sooner Nation :wink:

OKLAHOMAN

Tyler, we keep getting more and more Okies joining, as Les said sometime after the new year we will have an all okie get together.

TylerRiddle

I'm in for a group meeting. As much as I've learned just being a forum troll from here, I can't imagine what I would learn by seeing some of you in action.

Top Bottom