Greetings from Greensboro, NC.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
What a find! I can't believe I didn't find this site sooner. About 2 years ago I got this crazy urge to make pens. All of my work to date has been with polymer clay. Reading through some of the old posts I see some have experimented with Polymer with mixed results. Being familiar with this medium it allowed me the opportunity to experiment with many different techniques. I have been looking at some other materials, but with a 1 year old my pen making came to a halt oh....about 1 year ago. Finally I am learning how to balance things and have gotten back into the workshop.

I look forward to learning from the pros. This site is pretty amazing as I have spent most of the day searching through old threads. Once I familiarize myself with the photos and individual galleries I hope to show you some of my work. I have several pictures posted at the links below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cwdesigns

Thanks and I look forward to posting!

K

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It is all hand sculpted polymer clay. The other pens use different polymer techniques (i.e. hidden images, mica shifts, etc.). I mainly use Premo clay (most durable) and a new clay "Studio by Sculpy" which tends to be very durable as well and gives a great matte finish for the leather.

Thanks,
K

rjwolfe3

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Keith!

I took a stroll over that link of yours and am quite amazed at your work. The I've worked with tooling leather for years and have been considering making a pen similar to your "leather and lace." Very nice.

I'm glad your finding your way around. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I have several pictures posted at the links below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cwdesigns

Thanks and I look forward to posting!

K

WOW is RIGHT! What a find! Be prepared to be inundated with requests for "How To's"

Seriously, your work is outstanding and within its field is beyond many of us here. We will be learning from you as you have time to encourage us or nudge us in the right direction.

Welcome!

JJturns

Welcome Keith from PA. Very nice and creative pen designs. I've never seen anything like your leather and lace.

JJ

A fellow Hoosier. I grew up in southern Indiana just outside of Evansville. My wife and I also spent some time in Pendleton just outside of Indy. Downtown Indy is beautiful. I worked at the Murat Shrine for 2 years. When you marry a southern girl they tend to stay in the south, hence living in Greensboro!

Nowicki

I just found this place to. I haven't even introduced myself yet but I got to say nice looking stuff. I'll want to know about your leather and lace too. Looking forward to the ride.

Larry

WoodWizard

From one Keith to another.....WELCOME!!!
.......okay go ahead... I'm ready.......I have my pen and paper ready....Proceed with instructions.........:worship:

.......okay go ahead... I'm ready.......I have my pen and paper ready....Proceed with instructions.........:worship:
Don't get to crazy WW. I am trying to put a website together with some tutorials. If you have any questions in the meantime fire away. Polymer is a little tempermental to work with, but once you get it the sky is the limit.

Hosspen

Welcome from another neighbor! Wow! is right! That's amazing what you are doing with the clay! The croc skins are awesome!
Hoss, from Pleasant Garden NC

Top Bottom