Greetings from E. TN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chucketn

Not a pen turner yet... Came to this group as a result of researching stabilizing of wood, corncob and such. I turn reel seats for fly rods, quite similar to pens. I have built a homebrew vacuum system, am turning on a Micro Mark 7 x 14 metal lathe. Currently developing reel seat inserts form corncob using natural and stabilized cobs.
New to CA/BLO finishes and love it! Wondering how many applications it takes to fill all the curnel pockets in a cob?:question:

Chuck in E. TN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Welcome, Chuck! Be careful, you may get sucked into pen making here.

Dale

fiferb

Welcome! You may want to try filling the holes in corncob with medium or thick CA. Turn it down to just about the final size. I then put mine on wax paper and draw a line of glue along the top. When it dries I turn the blank a little and do it again. After they are all filled I put it back on the lathe and turn it down to final dimensions. Works very well for me.

erbymcbrayer

Welcome from sunny Florida, I love the Jonesboro area as I lived in East Tennessee for 10 years Mid 70s to mid 80s, You are in Gods country. I miss Tennessee every single day. Glad to have you aboard.

Oldwagon

Welcome, I hope your reel seats turn out ok.I had a person ask me about turning some reel seats.He was going to start rod building,never heard back.geuss he found something else to try.Enjoy. Todd

Top Bottom