greetings from central PA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Animyzo

I finally registered last night. I have been reading posts, suggestions, and tips for a while. Out of any forum and association you guys have the most in depth boards and resources I have come across. I am honored to become a member.

I am a computer and networking technician by profession. I also write (ask me about my tag sometime) and have been wanting to turn again.

I used to turn a lot of projects when I was in high school. I fell in love with turning. Made bowls, goblets, chess sets, table legs, and many other things. I been told I'm a natural. So years after school I finally broke down and bought a lathe. I'm anxiously awaiting my packages to arrive so I can begin turning pens and more.

I'm starting with some slim lines. luckily I have experience with turning exotics like wendge, ebony, and snake wood ( we had a very well stocked.woodshop.)

I have also been drying some pear and Rowan wood for the past few years. Today I will finally cut into the pear...

Dustin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Animyzo

Figured I'd post the first thing I ever turned. Its made from some mahogany. it also is broken. My pets decided to knock it off a table... so some CA and sandpaper and it should be back to good.

Attachments

• 20131020_153637.jpg
    20131020_153637.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 100

randyrls

Welcome Dustin! The Harrisburg Woodcraft Store is hosting a "Turn for the Troops" on Nov 8 & 9. There will be a Woodturning Demonstration and Display by the Susquehanna Woodturners the same days.

Top Bottom