Greetings from Canada, eh?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jake LeBlanc

Good evening.

My name is Jake from Abbotsford BC Canada. I have been turning for about 3 years now and have recently discovered the joy of pen turning. I have 2 small daughters and little time to spend in front of the lathe. Pens are great for me as the project time is small. I can whip into the shop and spin off a pen pretty quick and it takes little time away from my family life. I was finding that to turn a bowl took about 2 weeks!

I turn on a lathe that is over 100 years old and pre-dated electric motors. It was made by CMC, Canadian Machine Corporation around the turn of the 20th century, largely used in production facilities. Solid cast iron weighing in at about 700 pounds, it's pretty solid. Unfortunately, I have to repair it often, ( the electric motor that was added on just quit.)

I have worked hard to perfect the finishing technique, and I finally think I have it down. I'll attach a pen I just finished. Cocobolo Flat top double twist. Anyway, seems like a great place for information and ideas. Looking forward to participating.

Thanks,

Jake

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 114
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Welcome. Until just over a year ago we lived in Aldergrove. Put up a picture or two of your lathe when you get a chance. I'd like to see it.

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Jake !!!!! . We're almost neighbours (or ... ahem ... neighbors ! )

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Jake. Really nice pen. If you haven't already post your pen in the show off your pens forum. This will place you in the drawing for new comers. The winner gets a box of blanks....

Top Bottom