Greetings from Brooklyn!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jamesburger

Hello,

I was happy to find this forum after recently losing a cherished pen that was in my pocket daily for 23 years. I can't figure out if it would best be described as my "Rosebud" or my "White Whale," but I have hope of finding another or commissioning a replica, so that has recently become an interest of mine.

I also have an appreciation for pens and fine craftsmanship in all realms, having spent a decade working as a professional photographer specializing in product photography, and most recently concentrating on watch photography for a high-volume luxury retailer.

I'm likely to ask a bunch of questions about pens at some point, and would also happily answer questions about photography that anyone here has.

Meantime, thanks for creating such an impressive community. I look forward to participating.

Regards, James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Welcome to IAP, James !!!! . I would reiterate Bobs suggestion about making your own pen.

Check out the Vendor Forum for some great materials and pen kits.

jamesburger

Thanks!

I've considered this, but would not be able to make the pen I want to replace because it's steel and probably requires CNC intervention, so turning my own designs is not yet my priority. I am fascinated by the possibilities though, and do wish I had an adequate space for a lathe to learn a new skill.

magpens

Oh ... steel ! . That puts a different slant on it. . A couple of our members are experts in making pens from steel.

You can buy stainless steel kits for pens ... Lazerlinez.com

Anchorgrip

Dear All,
I am new on this forum.I am interested to make pens by hand.I hope you will support me.
I am from india.
Regards,
Anchorgrip.

jamesburger

I'm lucky to report that I found my pen, which was jammed into a crevice around which I had previously searched but had not fully discovered in my car.

I'm really relieved to have it back and am surprised at how accurate​ly I had guessed many of its measurements based on Frankenstein calculations taken from a photo and similar pen types.

At some point I'll probably have CAD drawings made so that the pen can be reproduced without any guess work, whether I decide to learn pen turning myself or find a maker to work with.

I'm happy to have found this community and will continue to contribute to photography related posts that might benefit from my experience. I also look forward to learning more about pen turning, which remains a topic of interest for me.

Top Bottom