Greetings from Badger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

badger

Hi there.

Been doing some wood turning for a while, and branched into pens a while back. Strictly amateur right now, but considering doing a few craft shows (like ya do) in the future.

My big deal is trying to use most sustainable or recycled woods for my projects (not exclusively, but when I can I really try). I know weird to try, sue me, my parents were hippies. :)

I use a old Shopsmith 10-er that my Father in Law has loaned. It belonged to his father, and he's happy to see it being used again. I've done pens, wands, Christmas ornaments, cheese knives, a few small bowls, and other stuff.

My site for my woodworking is here: Badger Woodworks http://badgerwoodworks.com. I also blog about some woodturning here at http://wood.box23.net.

Although my turning has slowed down a bit, with the birth of my son this month, I still like to read and think about turning. I was referred to here by a fellow on the Woodturners Resource Forum.

I've ready some pretty neat stuff already, so thanks for that, and I love the knowledge sharing.

badger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

badger

Thanks for the welcome and the warm wishes.

I hope you all are having a good start to the new year.

So, quick question? Can I get in on group buys right away? or should I wait a bit to get better acquainted with you all (and you with me?)

badger

karlkuehn

Banned
Hi and a big welcome to you! This site has changed my whole aspect on turning, and after browsing and joining many of the forums out there, this one has become my second home. There's so much knowledge in the archives, it's just amazing, even for a seasoned vet!

I think the secret is that there's enough of us wackos out here posting crazy ideas and alternative methods (most of the time based on innovation due to lack of resources or tools) that you're bound to find something that you'd never have thought of even on a good (or bad) day! I know I have!

cowchaser

Welcome to the group. I will take a stab at your question. I would venture to guess if you have the cash, it's spends just like anyone elses. If you don't have a paypal account set one up,it's the easiest.

I also looked at your site and was rather interested in your sharpening jigs. Very nice and almost look just like my wolverine stuff.

badger

Originally posted by cowchaser
I also looked at your site and was rather interested in your sharpening jigs. Very nice and almost look just like my wolverine stuff.

Thanks, I really like the jig, it's made my turning so much better.

Having sharp tools is a good thing.

badger

wlk

Congratulations on the birth of your son. Enjoy him and "turn" him out to be a "polished" individual.

Wade
For God so loved the world, that he have his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

lwalden

Hello from Texas, and welcome to the group!! Congrats on the new son- but watch him as he gets older- my 10 year old tends to "borrow" from my best blanks for his own collection, seems like I need to go reclaim my stock from him at least once a month......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom