Greeting from the Tidewater area (VA)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

suffolk.reef

Greeting turners. My name is Jay Owen, form Suffolk, VA and I have been turning for a little over a month now. I recently had a pretty extensive knee surgery that required a lot of sitting around and after wanting to learn how to turn I went ahead and got me a small lathe before I went under the knife and with the sale that Woodcraft had, there was no way I could turn down almost 150.00 dollars off the original price. With a few you tube videos and lots of time, pens are turning out pretty smooth. Of course there were a few bumps in the road but it is all about trial and sometimes costly mistakes. Once again greeting and to the moderators, fabulous site!

Very Respectfully
Jay Owen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scruffy

Welcome..

As some one on here said .... At least I know where my money goes.

and my wife doesn't think I spend on wild women or whysky... I have the pens to show :)

D.Oliver

Welcome to the group. You first post of the pens you made for gifts shows you're off a good start.

cwolfs69

in teh area myself

welcome from someone in the western branch, churchland, northern Suffolk area. i can throw a rock to all three cities from my house. let me know if you need any help or whatever. great bunch in our area by the way. lots of good turners and casters in town.

edicehouse

I saw him posted on one of the venders and sent him a PM, and already hounded (err asked) him about going to MAPG. But welcome to the addiction.

Top Bottom