Greeting from Sunny Southern California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sondich

Hello All,

I am a hack woodworker in my spare time. My skill set is pretty weak but I have decent access to cool cut-offs from work (Commercial Forest Products). Accordingly, a lot of my projects gravitate to the "rustic" side with an emphasis on the wood rather than workmanship.:)

I'd going to try my hand at pen turnings and this site looks like great resource.

Thanks,

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff_in_AZ

Hi Steve, welcome from Arizona. I used to live in
Torrance a long time ago. Anyway have fun, this
is a great place to learn about making pens.

philipff

Hi Steve, I am visiting in leucadia and have been turning pens for over 20 years. If you want a quick and dirty session, give a growl back on this page.. Philip

greenacres2

Welcome from Frigid northern Indiana!! Great looking woods your company has. You may undergo a little adjustment--an eye-popping book-matched strat body set may have grain that doesn't show up at all in 3" long and 1/2" diameter pieces!! Took me a while to start seeing wood differently for pens than when i look at it to make boxes or chests (which are just bigger boxes!!)
earl

sondich

Welcome from Frigid northern Indiana!! Great looking woods your company has. You may undergo a little adjustment--an eye-popping book-matched strat body set may have grain that doesn't show up at all in 3" long and 1/2" diameter pieces!! Took me a while to start seeing wood differently for pens than when i look at it to make boxes or chests (which are just bigger boxes!!)
earl

Thanks, All.

I am used to looking at wood in 2 dimensions - face and back. When the knife hits the grain from all angles, that's a game changer :eek:

Top Bottom