Good morning from rainy Tacoma WA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Good morning everyone! As I sit and wait in the rain to be able to start working, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Chris, I'm relatively new to pen making, I have only successfully made 3 pens so far. Would have been six but stuff happens. Went a little too aggressive on one blank and went down to the tube, tried casting some blanks with Liquid Diamonds and apparently didn't glue the tube in well enough and had those explode. Is that going to stop me, NO!!!! I live in Tacoma WA now for 4 years before that I lived in central CA. I can't wait to learn from everyone and maybe get some tips on working with these acrylic blanks. Hope everyone is having a great day. Time to go play in the rain.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Chris. I messed up a few early on and then took a short piece of 2x4 pine and made about a dozen blanks - not to make pens but to get the experience of turning to size, gluing, sanding and finishing. My goal was strictly the experience of using the tools, sandpaper and finish and getting the "feel" for each. "That" journey made the final destination of the next set of pens a couple of notches above the first sets.

Enjoy this madness!

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
Welcome from Kirkland WA. Next month at Woodcraft in Seattle they're doing Pens for Troops. I believe the dates are the 10th and 11. Come by, turn a pen and meet some folks.

Top Bottom