Good morning from Flushing New York

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ajhjen

My name is Alex and I am an Engineering Director who works way too many hours. I have always been fascinated by Pens needed a hobby that would focus my attention away from work and still not interfere with it. I have made a few pens and given them away as gifts and enjoy the challenges of making different shapes and making them unique. I have not expanded into any of the "big Boy" pens and still mainly with the 7mm bushing range. I do not come from a wood working background and have the work area set up in a spare bedroom in an apartment so it limits what I can and cannot do. (I have a house in another state but work keeps me in NY for now).
My goal/dream would be to make pens in my garage turned into a workshop on some days, work part time at a hardware store and fish the other days. Of course work in some craft shows on the other days. (Dreams are what keeps me motivated).

The introduction is very late from when I first joined due to health issues so I apologize for that.
I look forward to learning from all of you and maybe one day can return the favor. As I learn to maneuver in here I will certainly be more active.

Once again,
THANKS!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Welcome Alex! The February "Bash" is about to start so stop around regularly and participate in the contests.

The slimline 7mm pen kit is inexpensive and one of the most modifiable kits available. You can change it endless ways. From Longwood to twist the tip, it can be changed endlessly.

Psychmike22

Welcome. I used to teach at Queens college and know Flushing well. Start small, go slow, and buy only what you need. I learned this the hard way I needed everything I saw in the beginning but have since slowed down. There is a lot to learn. Look for Captain Eddie Castelin on YouTube. He is an amazing teacher.

Mike Marroquin

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum. Used to live in Elmhurst, just off Eliot Avenue. Found a guy on another forum that lived two blocks from where I lived. Small world???

TonyL

Hey hey! Welcome! ..Originally from Middle Village, Queens. I used to run from from Elliot Ave in MV. to the Worlds Fair and back 4 days a week along the LIE (9 miles RT). Attended Archbishop Molloy HS in Jamaica, Queesns, then Fordham in the Bronx. Look-up 60-47 77th Street. Middle Village. Born in Brooklyn (Wyckoff)

Welcome!

Woodchipper

Hi, Tony! For those who aren't from Queens, the Long Island Expressway was named "The World's Longest Parking Lot."
Again, welcome!!!!

Top Bottom