Good Morning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

I am a new member to this site. I had a question about making bullet pens out of 30.06 casings and found the answer here. Thank you, whoever it was that posted it. Being new, who has turned a Titanium pen? I did one and it took a good hour just to cut the 1/2 inch rod with my saber saw. I wound up using a metal rasp to shape it. Has anyone else tried it? If so, how did you cut it? What did you use to turn it?:question:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
John, welcome to the site. As you mentioned there is a lot of knowledge here. I would advise visiting our library if you need some good reading.

As far as the titanium rod, that sounds to me like a metal lathe question. I don't have one, but a number of members do. Hopefully one of them will chime in with some suggestions.

rej19

Welcome from Indy. Titanium.....are you kidding me? I still trying to figure out wood. I'm sure somebody here has tried it. Good luck!

bitshird

Bruce Boone turns some amazing pens from TI, I' did one out of T6 4Al alloy,it was OK I did it on a hardinge second operation lathe the finish could have been better My fault for for remembering you really cant take a fine cut for cleanup on TI, Bruce does some fantastic work with TI., anodizing can make some neat pens, and they are very light for an all metal pen, just be careful of fire,

Top Bottom