Good Evenin from Florida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AVDesigns

Good evening all,

Just a quick intro to say hi, I'm coming here from Florida, and am DJRLJR's son. He's been turning pens for close to a year, and I just turned my first pen a couple months ago.

I got laid off from my job back in November, not long before that I had been thinking about owning my own business, so getting let go was permission to swing for the fences in my eyes and I opened Angular Velocity Designs, I focused on the paperwork initially and have just gotten into not only turning pens, but making my own blanks as well, both of which I find a lot more fun than it should be.

So there's a bit about me, and thanks for having me. I'll get some pictures of my last pens up as soon as I get some good photos, they were done with my fiance's papercrafting supplies to match some projects she was working on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AVDesigns

Welcome from Arizona I have a daughter in Jacksonville her husband is stationed at the JAX airbase

Thanks, and NASJAX? I'm not far from there, live just outside of Jax

Welcome from Albuquerque, NM.......and congratulations on turning that 1st pen!

Thanks, I'm finding it can be rather addicting, and my mind will start to take off with ideas. The problem is getting to the point where I can feasibly go after those ideas.

Loucurr

Thanks, I'm finding it can be rather addicting, and my mind will start to take off with ideas. The problem is getting to the point where I can feasibly go after those ideas.

It is very addicting. Buy a bunch of extra tubes a practice turning on these...if they turn out good, make a pen, if not, oh well try again. Don't buy a lot of special blanks to start, turn what you can find to learn with it.

Top Bottom