Georgia Boy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

themartaman

Hi to all. I live in Stockbridge, Ga. Retired from MARTA in Atlanta. Have been turning for years and maybe some day I will get good at it. Collected tools since a boy. Still have my first scroll saw. Recently bought a Turncrafter Pro so I could take it out of shop. My shop includes a rockwell Unisaw, 2 sears older 10 inch saws, radial, 2 12 inch planers, 2 jointers, pin router, nova 300, Tyme avon lathe, drill press, performax sander and a shopsmith. Started turning around 1960. Learned a few things from a friend of 40 years Nick Cook. Finally decided to try a few pens. I also like to make the old time spin tops. Do a few other things. Do some embroidery with a 6 needle machine and I have an older vinyl cutter. Would like to communicate with anyone near me. Also am a ham and fly rc planes. This looks like a great group. Sure I will learn alot about pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Larry. Join in the fun and show us some of your turning work. Do you know anyone of North Henry Baptist Church in Stockbridge? I have some friends there.

I am including a link to a PDF file that gives a short overview of many different aspects of pen turning from tools to pens to finishes and more. I usually post this link to those that are new to this forum and didn't want to leave you out - even though with your background you probably are already familiar with most of it.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

themartaman

hilltopper46: As soon as I turn more I will post pix.

NewLondon88: Need to get rid of the sears saws since I bought the unisaw at a yard sale for $75.00. Will take pix when I get shop cleaned up.

leehljp: Probably do know some people in the church.

Thanks for the welcome

Top Bottom