G'Day All from Eastern Washington State

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tjcarothers

G'Day,
Well, here I am. I was posting yesterday on another forum that I am very active on, and thought "I wonder if there is a pen turners forum", and viola, here I am. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your group.

OK, myself. About 7 years ago, I was given an old Craftsman 36" lathe, w/o a motor. The friend that gave it to me said "I expect you to make me something with it in return." Now what, I said. Then, while on a woodworking site, I saw an ad for pen kits, and well, I have been turning pens and other small lathe projects ever since.

I have been building furniture for about 15 years. My favorite is shaker style and mission. My woodshop/everythingshop is 24x30, and, of course, there is never enough room. My shop must share the work of my woodworking, auto repair, tractor and implement repair, and everything it takes to run a quarterhorse ranch for my wife.

Just as in my woodworking, I have made and learned from MANY mistakes, and will continue to do so, and learn more here. Perhaps, once in a while, I may even be able to contibute some knowledge. Who knows.

So, here's looking forward to more......

TJ.[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Welcome to the forum from southeastern Washington. You will enjoy it here. Check out the library, lots and lots of great info.

toolcrazy

Welcome from Western Washington.

I, too, like shaker and Craftsman style furniture. The next project is a Shaker Tressel Table.

Top Bottom