G'day ;-) (another Australian)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all, greetings from Melbourne (ish) Australia, I've recently decided to look into pen making as a new creative hobby/possible side business after being given a box of pen kits, and subsequently buying a wood lathe to complement my (quite small) metal lathes...

So I've fallen down the rabbit hole fairly fast, and have a few feeds/nibs incoming to start making kitless fountain pens from alumilite resin and various woods..

Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have some results, in the meantime I just drool at other people's :)

All the best, and happy new year

Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hiya Tom, welcome from Wales.:)

I'm guessing your smallish metal lathes are for watchmaking?
With skills like that, you'll have no probs churning out some pretty special pens in the very near future...:biggrin:

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Tom !!!!!! . You can show your watches here, if you like ... I would be very interested in seeing some examples of your crafting !!!!

robutacion

G'day Tom, from South Australia

Welcome to the IAP family, I'm sure you will enjoy and flourish among such a tremendous amount of skill and knowledge, from a single place.

Please be aware that, one of the IAP main "rules" is, no pics, didn't happen...! we like pics.

Best of luck,

Cheers
George

Some pics of my "latest" timepiece... which I finished over 12 months ago, but still need to do some modifications to ;-)

Sterling Silver, bronze and carbon fibre case, with a sterling silver dial (sculpted by Simon Fairweather), titanium hands and chapter ring.
Swiss movement with 5 day power reserve.

c3059b5bad90b27fcff9b7292d34307b.jpg

13f86d7d94f591e15c4ff7abbd9de24b.jpg

44eeac92d0aef0f266777272f1c5eae9.jpg

Top Bottom